Until I make up my mind, I'll post something!
I had a very minor health scare that turned out to be nothing. *Yay!* But, until it was nothing, it was "unkown." Sometimes, it would just help to know one way or the other. I don't know about you, but I really hate going to the doctor. Part of the problem is that for one reason or another I've seen almost 10 different doctors since moving to NY. It kind of gets old telling your medical history over and over and over. Also, after a while I just want the perfect doctor to fall into my lap so I can stick with them. The other part of the problem is that I think I do enough running around in my life, and I really don't want to stop all that just to see the doctor over something that could be nothing. But here's the deal: you don't know until you know. And to know, you gotta go. see. the. doctor! On the flip side of things, I think I've finally found "the one!" This doctor seems to be great so far, and I'm happy that I saw her and will definitely go back to her if the need arises in the future.
Little T is growing like a weed! We had gotten so much varying information on him before we brought him home from Ethiopia last year, that all clothes we bought and received as gifts were ginormous. (Gigantic + Enormous = Ginormous) Silly me held onto everything thinking he'd fit into it again this fall. Not so much... have you ever heard of Once Upon A Child? If not, check it out. See if there is one in your area. Or just do an internet search for a used children's clothing store. They are awesome!
Other notable things about Little T:
- He can say his numbers up to 12; I don't think he really gets the concept of counting, but we're getting there.
- He sings along to the alphabet song, but only actually recognizes a few letters when presented to him.
- Everything is still the color red according to him, but given the way he plays with his toys, we know he can tell a difference in the colors. (No need to worry about color blindness.)
- Doesn't like any food that Noah and I eat. Just the standard toddler fare - PB sandwiches, chicken nuggets, pancakes, yogurt, bananas, grilled cheese, etc.
- started saying "sh*t" over the weekend and was using it in an appropriate context... d@mn, that sucks! :) Guess we need to watch what we say a little better.
- Likes to fist bump.
- Loves to play outdoors.
- Learns new words everyday
- Still loves Elmo
- Still loves music and dancing
- His 2-year molars are coming in
- Really likes pirates (thanks to Elmo and the Bookaneers)
- And he's the happiest kid I know! (except when he's not)
Having Little T in our lives has even prompted me to do a little more seasonal/holiday decorating. I kinda feel a little Martha Stewart-ish with my collection of fall colored owls and gourds and other miscellaneous knicknacks that I put out. I'm sure MS would do it much better, but I'm still patting myself on the back.
Also, speaking of Little T not liking anything we make - Noah and I have been trying to get out of our slump of cooking the same foods over and over. To that end, we've been picking up new recipes and trying them out. I must say that most of the items haven't been worth repeating but we're going to keep trying. Tonight, I am making my first first chicken pot pie. Surely the little guy will like that!
And now back to a more serious topic: Noah and his job parted ways this week. Things are going to be very tight for us for a while. We will survive. We have before. And we'll be better people for it.
So on that note, if you want to give us some recipes to try that aren't too costly and pleasing to a 2-year old's palate, send them over. I'll let you know if we try them and what we think. (Just so you know, I do not eat fish or seafood.)
And lastly, have I told you how much I love public libraries? I lurv public libraries! Since I splurged on an iPad this summer, I've figured out how to get ebooks from the library. This makes me so happy! And to make things even better, my library has museum memberships to several local and major museums that you can check out for 2 days at a time to get access to the museum for you and your family FOR FREE! I'm so happy! You can even reserve specific passes for specific days up to 3 months in advance. Woohoo! Seriously, folks, go check out your local library. You will be thanking me later.


Hey, thx for sharing yr news. Sorry to hear about Noah job. What happened there? Great T is Developing at a fast rate... They grow so quickly. Our baby now 14onths, where that time goes if a distant memory! He such a cool kid though, going to be jokester of family I think. Hope Noah finds new work soon. take care xxx The Kiwis
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog. I agree that the little ones grow too quickly sometimes!
ReplyDeleteCrap! That sucks about the job. Hope something else comes his way soon. I will be thinking good thoughts about you guys.
ReplyDeleteHeather
PS - Great tip on the library. Might be quoting you on that soon...
PPS - To blog or not - You should totally keep going, but only when you feel like it. Your terms, sister.