Thursday, June 3, 2010

P.S.

Unless you’ve got your head buried in the sand, you’ve probably heard about all the flooding in Tennessee in May. Middle Tennessee is where we call home, and we’ve had many friends and family members affected by this. We’re not religious, so I’m not asking you to pray for everyone down there. What I would really like to ask of you is to make a donation to the Red Cross. Every dollar counts, and even the smallest of donations add up. Even if you don't do it for the sake of Tennessee, think of all the things that are happening on our planet. Earthquakes, flooding, mud slides, oil spills, sink holes, etc. The Red Cross helps everyone. And the effects of these disasters last much longer than the media spotlighting them does. We all have priorities with our money, and I'm not asking you to disregard any necessities. But remember when you go out to see the latest movie in the theater, that it is much cheaper if you wait to rent the DVD. That difference in $$ can go to any cause of your choice. Won't you feel better making the donation than seeing a movie that wasn't all that you had hoped and expected? That's it. I'll get off my soapbox. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment