Today was our court day. The day that our little man should have become a part of our family. Unfortunately, all 4 cases from our agency that were being heard in court today were postponed until Tuesday. Please keep sending us some good vibes while we not-so-patiently wait some more.
Anticipate the good so that you may enjoy it. - Ethiopian proverb
This proverb was on my mother-in-law’s calendar a while ago, and since she told me about it, I’ve had it pop up on my Outlook calendar at work every day to help me stay positive and remember all the good things that are coming up for us. I've got to tell ya that every time it pops up, I actually take the few seconds to read it all the way through even though I already know what it says by heart, and it makes me smile. I can immediately feel my mood improve no matter what else is going on in my life at that moment. I think I just may keep this quote popping up every day. Forever! :)
Another item going on in our lives right now is that we're buying a house. A house! WOOHOO! Privacy! A space of our own! A yard! No more building management. No more stomping feet from above. A mortgage. The need to buy a car. Responsibility...
Okay, my highs are definitely balanced with the lows.
Well, we're set to close on the house on Monday. There's a few glitches that are not in any way minor, so please send us good vibes in this regard as well!
Tons of props to my mom for packing most of our stuff for us. SHE IS THE BEST!!! Oh, and she's driving a truck from TN to NY for us. Again - SHE IS THE BEST!!! I really love her!
Spent Memorial weekend with my family. I love them so much! Don't know what I would do without them.
Can't wait for my inlaws to be here next week when we move into the new house. I really lucked out in the inlaw category, folks. They are truly wonderful people that I enjoy having in my life. I love them!
I'll try not to let another month or more go by before I post again.
Here We Are
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment