It was a pretty awesome weekend! So spending time with my friends definitely wins out over my alone time on the bus. (However, the bus ride was pretty great too.)
I miss my boys! The Hubby got a taste of what it's like to solo parents, which I have done a few times now when he is away on work conferences. Yeah, yeah, I know they are work conferences and not a vacation, but let me tell you something -- I get a little jealous when at the end of the day he orders room service and sits on his balcony to enjoy a drink and before he goes to bed, he doesn't have to do the dishes!
Single parenting is hard. Props to all the single parents out there!
Okay, back to my weekend... catching up with friends that I consider to be more like my sisters or cousins was wonderful. They are truly some of the few people that I can start talking to as if we just saw each other yesterday. This was our 2nd annual get together. And in celebration of doing nothing, we did stuff. We shopped for furniture, and while I napped, the other two put said furniture together. We enjoyed good food, good music, good conversation and a good movie. Not exactly "nothing," you might say. But it was just what the doctor ordered.
Oh, I'm tired from staying up later than I have since Little T joined our family, but my mind feels rejuvenated. And for that, I must give a big thanks to JD and KW!!!
Happy birthday, JD! Slaps all around!
Here We Are
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment