We went out to the North Fork of Long Island to visit some friends - some that I see fairly regulary from the Baltimore area, and another couple that I see about once every two years or so from Colorado. It's always so nice to go out there, because you had to disconnect (no tv, no house phone, no internet [until this year]), it's a very beautiful and happy place to be, and the chance to create some good memories with our friends. Last year, M&H gave me a gift for Little T. Noah and I were legally Little T's parents at that point, but still had not met him in person. Today, we went out there to visit with our friends again, and they had a small impromptu birthday party for Little T. It was great! M reminded me that we didn't even have Little T with us at this time last year, and I had to really stop and think about it. Really? It's only been a year since then? What a wonderful year it has been!
What a year, indeed!
ReplyDelete