Last week, we had a "first" with Little T. I got the call from his daycare. You know the one. "Sherryl, there's been an accident..." Turns out Little T had gotten nursemaid's elbow, which the doctor was able to easily and quickly fix. T quit crying in less than a minute when the doctor offered him a sticker and then mentioned Elmo, and then he started using his arm just like normal within 3 minutes when he realized (in reaching for his Elmo sticker) that it didn't hurt anymore.
I'm sorry that Little T had to go through this at all, but I am also sure that this won't be the worst thing he ever deals with. For my part, I would have to say that I kept a pretty level head about it all. I had heard of these elbow injuries in children before and was pretty sure this is what had happened. I was a little concerned about getting Little T to the doctor's office before they closed, because I really didn't want to make him wait in a hospital emergency room (I just realized how biased I am against hospital waiting rooms!). The doctor's office stayed open late, however, and our daycare lady packed a diaper bag for us to take. Everyone was wonderfully kind and efficient!
So, even though Little T was all better and had probably forgotten the incident altogether, we treated him to his first popsicle that evening.
Here We Are
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment