Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eking out a post

There are just not enough hours in the day to do all the things that I want to do!  I've been trying to get some of the following thoughts onto this blog for the past 3 weeks or so.  Better late than never, though.  Here we go...

To start with, some anniversaries:

1 year ago yesterday, the Hubster and I officially (and maybe stupidly) became homeowners again.

1 year ago today.... drumroll please... an judge in Ethiopia officially made the Sanderosa family a party of 3!  Our lives have never been the same.  For the better!

Tomorrow  - one year since we moved into our new house.  Ahhh, personal space, you are our friend!  Flood insurance, you are not.

***

That last post seemed a little lacking when I just reread it, so let me elaborate.  We got to spend the weekend with great friends, the van Wycks!  We went for a hike to the Fire Island light house.  They introduced us to geocaching.  (Don't use a car GPS for this activity.  You really need a hiker's GPS.)  We ate delicious comfort food, played in the backyard, napped (well, the mothers and Little T did), and just had a great time.

***
Black Swan - We finished watching it.  I get it.  It was an excellent performance.  Nevertheless, I didn't like it.

Blue Valentine - didn't bother to finish watching it.

Where The Wild Things Are - WTF?  This is a children's story???

Jane Eyre - AWESOME!  (hopefully you can read that in the little sing song voice that was going through my head as I typed it)

***

My first Mother's Day with a child of my own -- it was wonderful!  The boys let me sleep in a little, and then they came upstairs with coffee, a menu of breakfast options, a bunch of trashy magazines that I love but never buy for myself, Trader Joe's sea salt brownies and a handmade card that the hubby says he collaborated on the design of.

***
Look at me stepping into a new era -- I used links in this post!  I also looked at my stats today, and they were humbling.  I should probably do something about that.

***

Speaking of linking.... Many thanks to The Mommyhood for the Erma Bombeck book that she sent me!  This is an excellent blog that you should definitely subscribe to, and really any book by Erma Bombeck is sure to make you smile if not laugh out loud!

***

Osama bin Laden - yeah, I'm kinda glad he's dead.  However, I was a little repulsed by all the celebrating.  My husband said to me (and he might have heard it elsewhere), "You can kill a man, but you can't kill a movement."  I'm scared to think what retaliation might be in store for the US now.

***

Have you ever been sitting on the toilet and realized that your panties were inside out?

No?

Me neither...

***

Right now I am reading "Digging to America" by Anne Tyler.  It's a work of fiction and includes international-interracial adoption in the story.  It's had several tear inducing poignant moments so far, and I'm barely halfway through it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the expression about killing a man but not a movement is a pretty well-known one. I, for one, am really glad he's dead and hopefully helps give closure to grieving families and the nation as a whole. That said, I do not think that simply by killing him is going to cure our ails (just like killing Saddam certainly didn't "accomplish the mission").
    Also, I hate when I put your panties on inside-out, too. The chaffing!!

    ReplyDelete