Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stalking for a Parking Spot

No, not me. 

Our immediate neighbor is a stay-at-home wife who doesn't drive.  Her best friend (I think) comes to see my neighbor every morning, and she has taken to parking in front of our house.

I should note at this point that our lot is narrow, so only one car can fit in front of our house, between our driveway and our other neighbor's driveway.  Because of the way our driveway is situated with a gate, we usually park one car in the driveway and the other in front of our house.

Also, every morning we have this little routine of Noah kissing Little T goodbye and then leaving the house, and I put Little T up in our bay window so he can shout "goodbye daddy" through the open window.

Well, I started notice that our neighbor's BF would pull in to the spot in front of our house very quickly after Noah would leave for work.  Come to find out, she is sitting in her car, with it running, waiting for Noah to leave in order to get this spot.

That's the part I find a little creepy (and a lot lazy).  Seriously, instead of sitting in your running car, why can't you just park one more house down the street and walk.  Yes, yes, I know that there is nothing wrong with her parking in front of our house, but it's just the fact that she sits in her car and watches and waits for Noah to pull out.  It's weird, I'm telling you!

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more -- it's creepy!
    So what do you do? You fight creepy with creepy.
    On Monday morning, I'm going out there with no pants on, run down the street to her parked car, and invite her to go streaking with me.

    ReplyDelete