I'm sick of being sick, y'all! Unfortunately for you, that means you get to read my little rant against my "sickness." Like the quotes? That's because I went to the walk-in clinic on Sunday and was told I didn't have anything. Really?! This coughing till my gag reflex kicks in, coughing till my throat is raw, coughing up phlegm and runny nose is nothing? Oh, well, I guess you are the professional, so I'll take your word for it... Okay, maybe I'm being a little overly dramatic, but let's keep in mind that I'm sick. And I've been sick off and on for 2+ weeks now. So don't tell me it's "nothing." Alright, alright, back to being fair to the poor walk-in clinic PA. Specifically, she said that she couldn't tell that I had anything specific yet. No strep. No sinus infection. "Yet." She said that if I could let my body fight it naturally, then that would be best. However, she was gracious enough to write me a script for an antibiotic that I could pick up over the next few days "if I felt like I was getting worse." Well, I picked that puppy up today. I'm sick of being sick! I would like to be able to breathe, talk and swallow without searing pain in my throat. I'd like to be able to sleep through the night without waking up multiple times to either a coughing fit or throat pain. Do you know how hard it is to suck on a throat lozenge in the middle of the night when you're ridiculously tired from being sick for 2+ weeks? You have to keep yourself awake so it won't slip down your throat and choke you! Gah! That would certainly make matters worse, wouldn't it? But on a good note, a coworker told me that all this coughing was probably a great workout for my abs. Yes, I believe she is right, because they feel like I've been hammered by too many punches from a prize fighter. So hear this, Abs - "If I have to suffer, please let it be for something! I've got a beach vacation planned, and I want to look good in my swimsuit. Get your workout done and shape up!" In the meantime, you, you Non-Sickness: "Make like a cow patty, and hit the trail!"
P.S.
Noah got a 2009 Nissan Rogue, and once again, we had a very pleasant Carmax experience. More on that later.
Here We Are
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment